My Rainbow Dreams

Just Blogger Templates

Monday, July 11, 2011

Is There HOPE For The Philippines?

    The Philippines has long been besieged by problems of all sorts for decades. This made me wonder why. This country is fairly rich in natural resources, has a large population with high literacy rate, and has a very well-equipped work force. This country has all what it takes to improve but why is it that its growth is always stunted??Back in school, we have been discussing why a certain country remains underdeveloped and causing downturns to all aspects in our government. And ob course the main reasons are economic mismanagement, corruption and political instability. No doubt our beloved Philippines has been in a quandary.I do not want myself to be squeezed into this decayed system that we have now. I do not want to be molded into the system where our leaders have tried to run the government with negligible conscience.our government could not provide enough of the basic services that Filipinos expect and deserve.  We have poor educational system, poor social services, poor health services, poor everything. But because we come from a Third World Country, I thought everything is just normal.To see these educated, honorable crooks calling each other names and accusing each other of crimes that they themselves are guilty of, I feel so ashamed for having to share the same nationality with them. I feel so worthless for I can not do anything for my country because by today i know  i can not do anything . Political leaders are big disappointments we have also Scandalous government deals, Plundering presidents pointing fingers,Senators associated with crooks, Congressmen who accept bribes and also  Big time lawyers on the wrong side of truth and justice. These are only but a few of the scenarios that have gotten our country berserk. We are saddled by politicians’ too much hunger for power. They hang on and cling to power even when they know within themselves that they have betrayed the Filipino’s trust.....  I am not losing hope for our country. Just like many other Filipinos out there, I dream of something better for the Philippines. It is the only country I call “mine” and there’s no other place that I could consider “my home.” I want to shout to the entire world that what they hear and see in the news everyday are not all true. Not all Filipinos are crook; not all Filipinos are corrupt. There are still more Filipinos’ who are willing to make a stand- to stand for what is right and just....."Young people seem to know more about politics than they know about popular culture........



0 comments:

Post a Comment